Valley Forge covered Bridge

Aducker

Aducker

The covered bridge on Rt 252 at Valley Forge was hit by a car today and is damaged.
PENNDOT is there checking out now.
It was a hit and run driver. I saw a picture. The roof is still on it but it has a lot of damage from what I could tell.

Just an FYI that if you're heading that way to fish you may not get through.

No word yet on how long repairs will take or if the bridge will be shut down until repairs are completed.

Thanks for the heads-up Jeff. That bridge has sentimental value for many of us. Please keep us informed.

I sense a Restore The Bridge fundraiser in the future.

The bridge is closed for repairs now.
I heard it was scheduled for work this fall anyway so I guess they will move up the schedule.

Attachments

• 11101388_925601790832767_1312498562031426997_n.jpg
    11101388_925601790832767_1312498562031426997_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2
Wow. That is one of my favorite spots I used to go to for relaxation

Aducker wrote:
The bridge is closed for repairs now.
I heard it was scheduled for work this fall anyway so I guess they will move up the schedule.
Not the way Penn Dot operates. Their attitude might rather be, well it's already closed, so let's delay it until next year. We'll use the funds for something else. IT may have to wait until an insurance settlement if they find the driver.

hard to believe the perp drove away.

JohnPowers wrote:
In today's world that's typical behavior, and doesn't surprise me a little bit. I hope so badly, they catch that idiot!

JohnPowers wrote:

It's hard to believe no one saw them and got a description of the car or a license plate number. Hopefully someone did and the police are still tracking them down.

behavior does not surprise me. the vehicle being able to move does. from that direction you have to run the stop sign don't you? DUI for sure.

Back