Valley Creek Workday

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
I received this E-mail from Pete Goodman of the Valley Forge TU chapter:

Friends and Fellow Members,

I believe that it was 3 years ago that we installed stream bend protection in Valley Forge National Historical Park. It is performing well.

It is also in need of maintenance and fortification. Valley Forge National Historical Park has asked us to join them on National Public Lands Day to do this project and be part of the broader volunteer effort going on in the park that day. That is Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 9:00 AM near Lafayette’s Quarters upstream from the iron bridge over Valley Creek at Wilson Road.

We need a group of volunteers to lash in new cedar trees adding to the revetment that already exists. Those existing worn trees are trapping sediment, softening storm flows and protecting the stream bank.

No special skills are required. Bring gloves, waders (if you have them) and water for yourself and you should be set. We will have folks to show you what needs to be done.

I would like to have an idea of how many volunteers we will have so if you would please respond to this email by Sept. 23, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your consideration,

Pete Goodman

No need to be a member to help. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Pete Goodman via E-mail. Here is a link the VFTU site: http://valleyforgetu.org/know/people.html Under E-mail Links click on "VFTU general information (Pete Goodman, past President)"

If you spend time fishing Valley, why not spend a little time fixing Valley? See you there.

Damnit. I already have a room booked at the D for the jam.

I was considering organizing a cleanup for this fall, so this is all the more reason to make it happen, I guess.

Tom, not making the D jam?

jayL wrote:
Damnit. I already have a room booked at the D for the jam.

I was considering organizing a cleanup for this fall, so this is all the more reason to make it happen, I guess.

Tom, not making the D jam?

Can't make it Jay. I'm tied up on Saturday with VC in the AM and have guests coming in from out of town. Good fishing to all the Jammers.

Back