Valley Creek 10/7/07

W

Wmass

I just got back from an afternoon at VC and wanted to give a report and also ask if I saw anyone from here out today.

VC was running low and cold, and the water was very clear. I started off just above the covered bridge and didn't really move much, just alternated pools for several hours. I landed three fish and lost two others. All were caught on CDC "bubble back" caddis emergers size #18 and 16, in olive and cream. The largest brown was about 10" and the smallest was a 4" micro-brown. There was a ton of surface activity but I couldn't tell what they were feeding on. I am guessing that they were feeding on some midges, but I couldn't match them.

WAS ANYONE ELSE OUT AT VC today? I saw and talked to three other guys, just wondering if I ran into anyone.

Not i, and it think wrong thread?

Just wanted to add that there were a TON of deer around the creek today. Saw two bucks, one a big 8 pointer and another that looked young and lean with 6 point. The six pointer was very close, only about ten feet, on the opposite bank of the stream as I was casting. Kinda neat to watch.

with all those deer in the Nat'l Park, I'm going to start using a tip that I just picked up: after ffishing, take a good hot shower. And also toss the ffishing clothes in the wash and dryer.

Lyme Disease is no fun. Been there, done dat.

tl
les

interesting, I also saw a 6 pointer above the covered bridge last time I was there. It jumped up about 20 feet from me when I was walking along the bank.

Hey guys I just moved from Potter County to SE PA(Chester County) this past December. I use to live in SE PA over nine years ago and fished Valley Creek on occasion but not a regular there. I currently work in Oaks and wondering if anyone would like to do some fishing on Valley some time after work?

Ron

WMass, with all the recent heat did you try ants or beetles? Valley fished great with terrestrials this summer, and I'd imagine that in this heat they might still be taking them.

Up here in Central Jersey we've had a second round of hoppers hatch. I was walking through a field near home and the little guys were poppin off everywhere.

thedude1534 wrote:
WMass, with all the recent heat did you try ants or beetles? Valley fished great with terrestrials this summer, and I'd imagine that in this heat they might still be taking them.

Hey TheDude Yah, I tried some terrestrials but couldn't get then to bite on them. I didn't have any hoppers left so I was using a stimulator to immitate a hopper. I also tried ants and beatles but no takers. The trick was caddis emergers.

Where are you living now? Do you still fish at VC?

Back