UV Light

W

Wallyfish

What is your recommendations for a UV Light? I tie a lot of scuds and copper John's and I finally decided to move into UV coatings.

Wallyfish wrote:
What is your recommendations for a UV Light? I tie a lot of scuds and copper John's and I finally decided to move into UV coatings.

I went on Amazon and purchased a high intensity UV light for around $10. It works great for me.

afishinado wrote:
Wallyfish wrote:

I went on Amazon and purchased a high intensity UV light for around $10. It works great for me.

UV Flashlight

I have one like this. Works like a charm and is better than a multi LED light that I also have. One thing though, use decent batteries and keep them fully charged. It doesn't matter what light you buy, bad batteries will decrease effectiveness.

Direct sunlight also works well but can be pretty scarce sometimes...

21 led from ebay, amazon etc

$7.25 on amazon. dont forget shipping

1pEqaET.jpg

nfrechet wrote:
21 led from ebay, amazon etc

$7.25 on amazon. dont forget shipping

1pEqaET.jpg

That's the other light I have. No bueno IMO. At least not compared to the other style.

I recommend you get one that is rechargeable one .

This is the one I use it works so well the uv smokes when curing . I have had this light for five years now still works great.

Ultrafire UV Light

The real key is knowing what wave length you need. I use Solarez and it cures at 385 nm. I think Bondic is the same too.

czechmate18 wrote:
The real key is knowing what wave length you need. I use Solarez and it cures at 385 nm. I think Bondic is the same too.

Both of the lights I've mentioned in this thread cured Loon, Solarez, and Deer Creek UV products all equally well and I have no clue what wavelength the lights are.

The only reason I prefer one over the other is because the focus of the light can be adjusted to a concentrated beam and it has better battery life.

I finally pulled the trigger on the PennKev recommendation and a three pack of solarez resin. Look out fish.

Back