UTC Woodduck

M

mario66pens

utc_ultrathread70_woodduck_hi.jpg

I was wondering if anybody has any spare of this color lying around that they would be willing to part ways with. It has been increasingly hard to find (I think they stopped making it) and really love the color.

Thanks guys.

Brian, Ffp has it on the shelf right now. Was looking at it today.

lv2nymph wrote:
Brian, Ffp has it on the shelf right now. Was looking at it today.

Oh nice! Yesterday, they did not…I'll be there tomorrow!

That is a useful color. I use it for the body or certain soft hackles.

Woodduck is variegated that's most of it's allure

It was a no go jack :(

Hi Brian - Try here.

And here.

TCO looks like they have it, but you might want to call first....

That looks like a great color. I contacted Wapsi since it's not easy to find. Their reply:

"The Wood Duck color is still available in 70 and 140 denier sizes. It is a fairly new color, brought out just a few years ago so many dealers may not have brought it into their stores. "

Being relatively new in a sea of thread options, it seems possible that shops may not even have it on their radar. I will be letting one supplier know of my interest in this color.

In one particular image I saw of UTC Wood Duck, it appeared reasonably close to Danville olive 6/0. Perhaps with a slight golden-tan tone, though, which I do like. Do any of you see a likeness of Wood Duck to another thread on the market?

I was at the fly shop Saturday and they had one spool of 70 left so I grabbed it if you didn't find one. If u got it already no big deal only $1.75 and I'm sure I'll use it eventually. Sent you a PM.

pantone marker

ch1.jpg

+

white thread

Back