Utah Killer Bug - new and improved!

T

tctrout

Last time I posted my video on this pattern here, there was quite a buzz. I'm sure this one won't cause quite as much, but I wanted to share the modern version of the Utah Killer Bug that I fish.

Enjoy, and I'd love to hear your variations!

Tim

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHKk7UBLFAc[/youtube]

what other color of yarn do you besides the oyster ?

I ordered the yarn and tied a bunch of these in size 14 & 16. Only had an hour to fish this afternoon (95 degrees) but caught 4 wild brown.

The one thing I'll never understand about us flyfishermen is our distinctions between things so similar that honestly don't matter. That is a damn good fly and I fish the same basic thing. A LOT, but I tie it with awesome possum dubbing in the same color, a little hot orange wire ribbing and an orange hotspot. Same thing, different materials, and to me it is a Walt's Worm. Just funny.

jifigz wrote:
The one thing I'll never understand about us flyfishermen is our distinctions between things so similar that honestly don't matter. That is a damn good fly and I fish the same basic thing. A LOT, but I tie it with awesome possum dubbing in the same color, a little hot orange wire ribbing and an orange hotspot. Same thing, different materials, and to me it is a Walt's Worm. Just funny.

Hot Spot Walt's Worm...I'm with ya there jifigz

That's actually called Sexy Walt's worm, get it right.

laszlo wrote:
That's actually called Sexy Walt's worm, get it right.

lol yeah I guess thats what they are called. I'm more of a plain Walts worm kind of guy. I save my hot spots or sexiness for my pheasant tails!

Back