Using a shuttle service for a float trip

B

baileyoconnell

I might be doing some solo trips on the upper main stem and West Branch of the Delaware and perhaps the Lehigh.

Has anyone used a paid shuttle service?

Any tips or comments on your experience?

oarsofhancock.com

Their prices change pretty much every time I use them but usually they charge me 15-30 per shuttle. They're legit though, definitely won't steal your car.

The Capra Inn in Hancock is a great place to stay and they offer a shuttle on the River.

http://www.yellowpages.com/hancock-ny/mip/capra-inn-motel-1105227

Hit me up for the Lehigh this year. I will do it for floats and beer. Lol

I thought that was what wive's were for ?

Shane I will be hitting you up with some dates.

Thanks for the suggestions.

oarsofhancock.com post their shuttle prices on line and cover the entire trout section of the rivers.

The fly shop in hancock also shuttles. I also stay at Capra Motel and use them to shuttle. It's a nice place to stay and the folks are great!

The fly shop in town? You mean Coz? Yeah. Go in and ask for shuttle from Balls Eddy to Shehawken. That thief will tell you $60 and drop your keys in the envelope. Charges twice what anyone else does. Also, the scumbag had his hands in getting the 191 ramp closed so that you have to pay him (double haul club) to use it. Used to like him but haven't been in the shop for a few years. Nothing nice to say about the self proclaimed mayor of Hancock. Not liked by most guides or by most town folk.

I've used the people at the Capra Inn for 7-8 years now. They are very nice, reliable and always fairly priced. 607-637-1600 and ask for Gene.

Back