Upper Tully

salmo

salmo

I was looking at the stream temperatures for the Tully an was quite impressed by relatively low water temperatures. Has anybody fished the headwaters above Meyerstown? Are there any spots up there that are not posted? PM if appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

By Upper Tully, you mean farther upstream than Myerstown; nevertheless, Myerstown is within part of the Lebanon Co stocked trout section, but that section also supports a very small population of wild Browns throughout. (Someone might have more recent info than I and might possibly say that the BT pop has apparently grown in the stocked section). In most years it is only stocked with rainbows by the PFBC, but in 2018 it might have received some Browns due to the RT shortage. The reason for attempting to stock all RT is so that the BT will have less competition, both from a habitat standpoint and because the bulk of the RT are generally harvested fairly quickly. I think you will find fish in that part of the Tully now when you selectively fish the better habitat and skip the wider, featureless areas.

I would describe the wild Brown population from Myerstown and above as bigger than very small. It’s not a biomass bomb, but there’s plenty there.

Is most of the stream access on the Upper Tully posted.

salmo wrote:
Is most of the stream access on the Upper Tully posted.

Yes. But you can find some access in a couple public parks.

Back