Upper St. Clair Fly Fishing Club

DanVerona

DanVerona

Hi All,

I'm a 2nd year member of the USC Fly Fishing Club, and just putting out a notice that this is a fun, but smaller group that meets once a month. Would be nice to have some more members, as some of the winter meetings only had 6 or 7 guys attend. It's free to join, you just need to show up. :)

Also, if you are anywhere around Pgh and looking for a fishing buddy, I'm kind of a loner at this point and would be happy to meet up with others that don't always have a group of friends that fly fish. None of my friends are into it despite my best efforts....Would also be willing to help new flyfishers, although I'd still consider myself a novice...

Dan

Here's a direct quote from the club leader, Ron Milavec, on this year's meetings:

USCFFC Meeting Change - The 'Old Rec Center' just down the road is not available on Mondays but is available on Thursdays. Therefore, I have changed the meeting dates from the 3rd Monday to the 2nd or 3rd Thursday of the month, in most cases. All meetings will start at 7:00 pm.

USCFFC meetings for 2014 - Old Rec Center - USC
Thursday - September 25th (4th) Open
Thursday - October 16th (3rd) - Program scheduled
Thursday - November 13th (2nd) Open
Thursday - December 11th (2nd) Open

The 'Old Rec Center' is just past the USC Municipal Building just beyond the playground and ball field. There is plenty of parking. We met in this building in prior years.

The Oct 16th meeting is scheduled - I am looking for volunteers for fly tying demos and a presenter for the other meetings. I will do 1 program on my Alaska trip, so I need 2 others.

As always, I am looking for volunteers to do a fly tying demo and/or give a presentation to the club. I have a laptop and access to a projector. Currently, I do not have PowerPoint on the laptop, but hope to by the fall.

Sounds like fun... Hope I can make a meeting or two...

Maybe I'll try to make a meeting- it's only a few miles for me. The TU meeting is close too. Mostly I just forget about them going on. You guys should pick David's brain. He's a fine angler. Well never though we would have a fly shop that was close either. Orvis shop in the Galleria, haven't been there but nice to know if I need something last minute.

Yes, I try to get to the TU meetings also. Just an FYI in case you haven't heard though, now they are meeting at Grazie in Wexford. TU is no longer meeting at Brentwood VFW starting this year...

Didn't know they moved the TU meetings. Probably a good idea to move it around town. Stinks for me though. Ha

Here's today's update from Ron Milavec, Club President on Thursday's meeting and future meetings:

USC Fly Fishing Club

Monthly Meeting - Thursday, September 25 - 7:00 pm

USC 'Old' Rec Center just down the road from the USC Municipal Building on McLaughlin Run Road.

Fly Tying Demo: Alaska Flies

Program: Fishing in Alaska
Presented by: Ron Milavec and Ken Buettner

October 16th, Sean Brady will talk about "The Hollow Oak Land Trust"…local land protection and habitat restoration in the Moon Township area.

November 13th, Bill Nagle will talk about "Carp on the Fly"

December 11th, Open - looking for a volunteer to share their experience with the club

Back