Upper Delaware 5/2-5/5 Fishing Buddies

F

fisherboy3

Doing a solo trip on the upper D tomorrow through Saturday. Anyone gonna be up there? Ive got a boat. Would love some company.

Kev

I was thinking about heading up Friday, should be on fire.by then wuth the weather forecast.

Well if you want to float, ill be floating everyday. Should be good dry fly fishing with the weather forecasted.

I'll be there tonight. I'll float tomorrow also have boat. Pm me.

fisherboy i sent you a PM

Just now saw this. I was up 5/7 - 5/12. How'd you guys do? We saw some amazing hatches and had short bursts of really good fishing. I think our best day, we put 10 in the boat between me and oldest nephew. There was a lot of water in the system and it hasn't dropped all that much in the past 2 weeks. Hope it stays up and cold as long as possible. Heading back up around 5/31 - 6/2.

We floated together one day. Kev got a small one nymphing and a nice fish on a dry. THat was the only real riser we saw. I got 0 but on a positive note I think I drank more beers than casts I took. I cant remember the water levels but it was pretty high.

The days after that got progressively better for me. I alternated between upper east and top of main stem and got into more fish on upper east and bigger fish on main stem. I had probaby my best numbers day ever on the system on the upper east one day during that time frame between a buddy and myself we put close to 20 in the boat - and we both broke off good fish. Kev calls bs on this but i'll take it to my grave... My buddy nymphed up 6 fish before 11am and I got one on a streamer during that time (I don't nymph). After 11am we had heads pretty much the whole float and the fish would eat anything with a remotely good drift. It was stupid easy, haven't had a day like that before.

I fished last sunday and did well again. I'm trying to figure out a way to fish tomorrow and I will be back the same weekend you are going to be there. One weird thing is we did not get any rainbows, all brown trout and a couple creek chubs.

It's always easier early in the season but with all the water we have it looks like its going to be a good year.

Moon,
We did EB and Main (all of it). We caught 75% rainbows which was perfectly fine with me and my intention. We only hooked a few small fish (12-13"). Almost all measured 16.5" - 19.5". Nothing huge but a solid average with bows ripping line. We saw mostly caddis while guys we fished with were in a different location and saw mostly mayflies. You know how that goes up there.

Look me up if you want to fish after Memorial Day. We are floating all day Friday, all day Saturday and a quick morning trip Sunday. Hope the water stays up and cool..... could be pretty special.

Back