UPF rating on Orvis Drirelease clothing?

Nymph-wristed

Nymph-wristed

After spending an unholy day in the NB of the Susky yesterday, the Drirealse hoody is looking quite nice. UPF is a selling point, so I find the omission of the UPF rating on this so-called "sun hoody" suspect. I know there are completely synthetic versions, but that cotton blend sounds perfect if it keeps off the sun for real for real, dig? I did some google searching, but I can't find a definitive UPF rating on the material. Anyone know for sure or can send me a link? Thanks, fellas.

Is your interest for the article of clothing itself, as in not fading or UV degradation or your body's exposure? I've done more hay baling and garden work in a sweat-wetted thin white cotton shirt over the years than I would ever want to live through again. I never remember having so much as a tan on my shoulders by UV radiation getting through these re-purposed dress shirts. So in any case, I'd say you're safe.
syl

Thanks for the responses, guys. Way ahead of you Bamboozle, but I figured someone would know here, as we tend to be experts on everything... If anyone is interested, all Drirelease fabric has a UPF of 15. Nothing under 20 is usually published according to Orvis customer service.

What is upf?

Nymph-wristed wrote:
Thanks for the responses, guys. Way ahead of you Bamboozle, but I figured someone would know here, as we tend to be experts on everything... If anyone is interested, all Drirelease fabric has a UPF of 15. Nothing under 20 is usually published according to Orvis customer service.

The UPF rating is stated at the minimum. The reason Orvis did this, is different colors scored different ratings in tests; lighter colors had less sun protection ratings. Rather than confuse the issue, the ratings being posted on the shirts were scrapped.

As Sylvaneous posted above, there is little if any exposure to the sun wearing this clothing. I wear them all time and have never had any issue whatsoever with sun exposure to my skin.

Back