Unbelievably helpful Thanks!

Nate540

Nate540

So just a quick little thanks. I have to say the fly fishing community on here is incredible. I'm involved with quite a few forums for other hobbies and ALL of them are the same. If you are new and ask dumb basic questions you get ripped. This group has always been so helpful no matter how basic mine or others questions are. I just felt like I need to say thanks to everyone as a whole. Seriously the info one hear and the willingness of people to be serious and helpful has helped me progress immensely over the last two years. Sorry for the rambling just wanted to say thanks to everyone with this addiction you have all helped me to get worse! :-D

I ready this a few days ago and made a mental note to respond. I have to say that I agree 100% with everything you are saying. I have thought many times that I do owe a big thank you to everyone here that shares so much knowledge. While I only picked up a fly rod in late may. In a few short months I have become addicted and have spent more time fishing in about 4 months than I have in the last 7+ years. It has been wildly enjoyable and I wouldn't have been able to progress as quickly as I have without the help of everyone on here.

An additional thank you to all of the contributes in the fly tying forum. That has been extremely helpful to me as I am getting into tying. I especially thank those that put tying videos on you tube. I wouldn't know what a whip finish was or how to tie a bug without those videos

I know this is long an rambling but thank you and keep the info coming.

Thanks for the kind words. We do indeed have a fine group around here that are welcoming to new guys and willing to give advice.

The site owner, Dkile, feels particularly strongly about helping beginners with basic questions and guidance to help them find their way in our pastime.

Glad to hear you're enjoying our online community and your new favorite place out of the water.

Watch for the Fly Tying Summit in the fall and the beginner's day at the Little Lehigh next spring. You think you've ALREADY received help? Just wait. This is a fantastic group.

Back