Tying Vise

PoconoPuke

PoconoPuke

Can anyone identify the vise being used in this vid? I have got to get one of these bad boys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RErduskK7cc&playnext_from=TL&videos=yLsu17sSPjM

Looks like some sort of rotary HMH, probably isn't. Probably costs too much anyways. ;)

A wife costs to much but I had 2.

Didn't learn the first time, eh?

I think it's a Renzetti clouser Vise. With a lot of trinkets on it (light-n-mignifier).

Hmm. Judging from the look of the jaws I would say a Dyna King. After looking up their different models it appears to be just that. They make some nice vises for sure.
Dyna King Professional

looks like one of those ones u have to adjust the jaws for the size fly ur tying .........not for me !

I don't think it's any of the vises mentioned. This thing is built like a tank.
At any rate, I've decided to go with the Anvil Atlas Rotary @ $150.
If I spend much more wife #2 will skin me alive.
If anyone has one I'd like to know what you think of it. Thank You for your participation.

I dunno, that Dynaking is a pretty likely looking choice.

If I were going to buy a new vise today, I'd want a Regal, but that's because I've never used the "true rotary" function of my vise. I suppose if I did, I'd have a different answer.

I like the looks of the Dynaking but it's a little pricey for me. Love rotary, don't know how I ever got along without it.
I'm using the DanVise rotary. Paid under 80 bucks and love it but for the jaws. They're to soft. It doesn't take long before they spread at the tip and will no longer hold the smaller hooks. The company replaced a set of jaws free but they spread too. If only they case hardened the jaws they've have a great vise for the money.
I guess you get what you pay for.

pocono,
I have and anvil atlas and have used it now for a while. I really like it it is built to be indestructable. The rotary works fine and it will hold any size hooks very well. I have not been tying all that long and have only tied down to size 20. I dont think you will be dissapointed with the vise. I could not open the link so i didnt see the vise on you tube so I could not venture a guess.

Thanks for the feedback Fred. You helped me make up my mind.

Back