Tying Stations

S

shultzy501

I thought some of you might be interested in sharing photos of your tying stations. I know that many of you have permanent areas, but mine has to be mobile. I had to wait until Christmas dinner was over to take over the dining room table again.

The old tackle box serves as storage for tools, hooks, thread, etc. The clear tubs are for material storage, but they are overflowing and will need to be upgraded soon. The nice tying table was made by a good friend.

Where are the beer bottles and coffee mugs ??? That aint no tying station : )

Give me a break! I just set the stuff out. Is this picture better?
:)

If you find that you have trouble tying after drinking those beers, I would suggest something better. Sierra Nevada bottles tend to reside on my desk, but Makers Mark and ginger ale glasses spend a lot of time there in the winter. I remember tying on temporary spots like that, I much prefer the mess I have on my permanent tying table these days. Plus, I have a topo map of Potter hanging there in case I need inspiration on cold days like this.

not enough feather scraps or thread clips...c'mon use that thing...

Are those Budwiser Cans ????? That bench needs a nice IPA bottle or three. If ya have to have a can, Dale's Pale Ale ia a good choice.

that looks like a nice set of bead head nymphs, are those pheasant tail nymphs?

Can't help the beer choice. I'm a low budget beer guy.

The flies are beaded thorax mayfly nymphs that are one of my favorite flies. I'm tying them for the swap.
I'd be glad to send you a few for a large contribution to my better beer fund!

Here's Benny, The Incredible Fly Fishing Weiner Dog, perched on his weiner couch, with his weiner tying bench getting ready to tie - you guessed it - weiner flies.

Benny says, "I prefer a system where my materials are stored in a closet in plastic drawers. Fishidiot gets out the materials (I'm too short) and sets 'em up on this little wooden table which allows us to tie on the couch watching TV. Fishidiot's been watching too much TV this winter and is getting fat. I like any TV show as long as it doesn't show cats."

Here is what I got in the basement.

A little bored and with a new camera...so here is my camera test.

I've got an around the corner table, so it'll take a couple pictures...but the important thing is the beer!

Also included are my 6 year old's station and my 3 year old's station...no beer included.

Attachments

• P1010001 (2).jpg
    P1010001 (2).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 4
Here is my tying desk

Attachments

• MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 5
if you are looking to upgrade your desk...just saw this...

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/976055909.html

Those are some nice setups gents.

David- nice beer bottle!

Here some mess from today...

wet fly

caddis practice

walts worm

Attachments

• tyingareachaos.jpg
    tyingareachaos.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 4
  • mywet.jpg
    mywet.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 3
  • caddis practise.jpg
    caddis practise.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 4
  • easywalts.jpg
    easywalts.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 3
Must...resist...the...urge...to...get...into...tying...flies!

One step at a time - learn to fish flies well, then move on to tying! :-D

Nice setups gents!

Here is my version of the Hanryville Special.

Attachments

• Dry Fly .jpg
    Dry Fly .jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 5
Sit with someone who ties and try a couple and then decide. No harm in tying even if you suck at fishing. You'll get better at both. Then, when you become a great fisherman, you won;t get mad because you have to fish the crappy flies you tied. You'll wish you'd learned sooner and been better at it. :lol:

Back