Tying Materials Storage

jdaddy

jdaddy

I built a nice portable tying "desk" that I have set up on my poker table in the basement. Station has tons of storage for tools and threads. However, I have a large amount of materials that I keep in a brown grocery type bag. What are you guys using to store materials? I am thinking of setting up pegboard or something in the basement storage room. I find I am constantly digging. I think some folks mentioned using a tackle box?
Thanks

Plastic dividers like the "Sterilite" ones.

I keep lesser used stuff in ziploc bags or off the desk in boxes.

I am familiar with Sterlite brand name, but don't know which storage container you are talking about.

I use two filing cases. They are packed full and i should probably get another one of these days...

http://www.directinabox.co.uk/media/606368.jpg

jdaddy,
Here is a pic of my set up.
You can see the divided containers and a box on the floor.

Attachments

• DSC09005 - Copy.JPG
    DSC09005 - Copy.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 2
Sterilite 7 drawer cart. got mine at Walmart for $40.00. It has 3 big drawers on the bottom and 4 smaller drawers on the top.

Also I have a large plastic box with 3 drawers to store my tools and thread. I think it is a flambeau box about 25 years old.

Rick

I keep a lot of stuff in big 3-ring binders using the various plastic inserts that you can buy in the office supply store. My favorite are the ones made for baseball card which are perfect for chenille, dubbing, and hooks. I just keep the binders on a shelf above my tying desk. Pretty much everything else goes in drawers in the desk.

FrequentTyer wrote:
I keep a lot of stuff in big 3-ring binders using the various plastic inserts that you can buy in the office supply store. My favorite are the ones made for baseball card which are perfect for chenille, dubbing, and hooks. I just keep the binders on a shelf above my tying desk. Pretty much everything else goes in drawers in the desk.

I do the same thing with plastic inserts. The old ones used for Photographic slides were great for dubbing but tough to find now. I keep my dubbing in a binder making it easy to see and use.

Don't forget the moth crystalls and mothballs , i'll never loose another $50.00 neck , Bob Clouser showed me his system for mothproofing and it has worked years , set up a "Kill container" and pass "all" materials through for a while till you can get them into airtight containers=like going through an air lock on a submarine or like going through a decontamination chamber , after the "kill" stuff goes into airtights=the smell only lingers awhile but the process is complete.

Back