Tying Light

rudeone

rudeone

I'm looking for a lamp/light for my tying area. One that has a magnifier would be a good idea. Can anyone offer some advice on which is a good light to buy?

Thanks in advance.

I just use an old gooseneck table lamp with a 40 watt incandescent bulb, and it works well for me. Here's the critical part - I put a white piece of paper as a back-drop, which makes all the difference in the world. I have a desk top magnifier, but I don't like using it. I prefer to use magnifying glasses.

I picked up some LED goose neck deal the other day at CVS or some where like that on clearance for $4. I would highly recommend LED lighting over incandescent. LED is very, very harsh light. It's unforgiving. This is a good thing in tying. Not so good in bathroom lighting per my wife. I wouldn't get into a $50 light/mag combo unless you have really bad sight or are really into production level tying. Just my opinion.

I have an accountant's light that moves over my tying area, has a LED light and a magnifier.

My dad swore I needed one, but I didn't want it because my eyes are still good. He got it for me anyway and I use it all of teh time now. Mostly for the light, but it's always on.

I think he got it from office depot when they went out of business.

Craft stores.

Specifically, watch for the almost constant posting of a 50% off any item coupon that places like Michael's and AC Moore put out there. When you get it, roll in and pick up one of their sewing lights, functionally no different than a top Ott light, and a fraction of the cost.

Back