Tying flies with my 4 year old son

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

https://youtu.be/jkLPw_7g-jY

My boy is loving his new Regal travler. This was the first time that he got to do everything on his own. I help him lock down the materials and such. Thought you guys might like to see this one. LOL It is a lot of fun.

Beautiful! I envy you.

Great memories in the making!

Nice video. Glad you are enjoying time with your son. I enjoy watching my daughter win 2 national championships for Harmony Theatre On Ice team, I also enjoy seeing my son grow while learning in AAA level hockey for the #EsmarkStars
Did you really have to "Regal traveler" ?

Did you really have to "Regal traveler" ?

A little confused on this. I think that vise is perfect for him because it is much lower than my stainless. Just fits him better. I guess I could have got him a cheapy but figured why not get him a high quality vise he would have for ever. LOL Plus I get to use it.

Good for you both Mike. Really exciting to see the young ones get into it. I have many fond memories of tying and fishing with my Dad.

GenCon

hands down best fly in your box!

LOL he wont let me use the flies he comes up with.

mike_richardson wrote:
LOL he wont let me use the flies he comes up with.

Those are his secret weapons man.

Looked like lots of fun. Cant help smiling. That made my day.

He's going from buggers straight to articulated streamers.

LOL he wants to tie lively legz as we did them together a lot. I told him he is not ready yet, so he ties one more fly and says, Am I ready now Dad?

LOL

this is great! always good to see a youngster getting into the life. thanks for sharing. I hope I can do the same someday (not for a LONG time though hahaha)

Back