two favorites from this morning.

brain

brain

i rarely took a camera with me on the creek for fear of dropping it in. but i came up with a decent rig that keeps it close at hand, ready for action, out of the way and out of the water.....unless i go for a swim.
now i feel confident to take more pix while out, and these two were the ones i liked most from todays outting.

a 4" smb and like sized pumpkin seed.

Attachments

• DSC02253.JPG
    DSC02253.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02251.JPG
    DSC02251.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 2
Nice pictures! I believe the second fish is a green sunfish. That's what I call them, anyway.

second is a pumpkin seed. greens are very bass like, long skinny and have a mouth much larger than any other panfish.

I'm with trevor, I think the second one is a Green Sunfish.

I say green, I catch a ton of both. Have caught what I thought to be green/seed hybrids, I'm still going with pure green sunfish.

Can't edit post on phone, but meant to say it could be a hybrid, but more likely just a green.

It is a green sunfish, not a hybrid.

i say a green sunfish, and it does have a big mouth?

small fish are a blast when you use a small rod. try a 000 wt.

Dug up this picture from a few years ago. Mike, is this a hybrid? It's mouth compared to the rest of the body is smaller(but did seem bigger than a pumpkinseed) compared to pure green sunfish, but it does show some green sunfish traits.

Attachments

• IMG_5747w.JPG
    IMG_5747w.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 5
Here's two green sunfish...

P7070315.jpg

P7070323.jpg

And a pumpkinseed..

P7150414.jpg

Cool pics. Thanks for the comparison between the greens and pumpkinseed...

Nice pics of the little guys, we have a pond loaded with green sunfish and they will attack anything you throw at them, very fiesty fish.

When I'm wading I pack my camera in a zip lock bag, still have to be careful with it though.

Back