Twisted Firestarter

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

This one is tied on a 4.5 inch hook, 8/0 XXL

Completely from my imagination.

Eunan

2014-08-29-07-26-08-200.jpg

Beautiful and unusual. How long did it take you to tie it? Did you have a complete visual image of it before starting?

A little influence from Townsend eh? Super fly!!

Thanks guys.

I'd say it took me about 7 - 8 hours. I did it section by section over about 8 days. THe wing as it is now, is the second wing design, the first one didnt work out.

As for vision. I had a vision of a completely differnt fly, both in style and dimensions, which morphed at the vise. I'd finish one section and think of something to do with the other. Jungle ****, as is obvious, ended up being the over riding influence in the progression of the design.

Frank, Mike influenced the size of the hook, other than that, as mentioned above, I had a completely different outlook for the fly....

Eunan

This is by far my favorite of yours and i love the name.

Eunan you are a sick, sick, man in a good way. Very nice work as always

Amazing, was this one tied in hand?

GenCon

Alas, I cheated and used a vise...

I think you've turned the corner Eunan, I like your ad libs.

That's hot "E", A+ for creativity...

Beautiful fly, Eunan; now I know who is driving up the price of domestic jungle ****!! ;-)

Absolutely a piece of art.

TC

eunanhendron wrote:
This one is tied on a 4.5 inch hook, 8/0 XXL

Completely from my imagination.

Eunan

Thanks again, one and all...

Eunan

Eunan, I really love how the detail evolves as I look at this fly. Usually I can scan a fly pretty quickly and get a feel for it. This one is full of surprises :)
Mike.

Last I talked with him he was job hunting and generally swamped. Hopefully we will see more of his work once things settle.

Back