Tung Bead Buying Pool

jdaddy

jdaddy

This site has great prices on tung bead heads.

Was wondering if some folks would like to get together to buy bulk and divide them up. Have 3 people at this point (maybe 2 more?). Let me know if you are interested and what size/color you would be in for. I am most interested in med and large black and gold.

I am interested, but only in the mediums. Well... define "medium".

What kind of cost were you thinking?

I don't see a link to the site?

Ya, I kept it kind of generic to see what kind of interests are out there.

http://www.rosamontefishing.com/servlet/the-Tungsten-Fly-Tying-Beads/Categories

I am down for pretty much any of the black nickel and gold.

I will go home and look at my supply. I'm not sure that I actually need any on second thought. I'll PM you if I need some.

You might take a look here, they are running a special right now.

http://flyfisharkansas.com/fly-shop

what are the sink rates ?

Harry,

Ya I received a unsolicited, but not unwanted email from the owner of that site. He extended a pretty good offer for a group buy. Will try to get info together on it. Anyone interested please let me know.

be careful buying bulk beads without seeing them. (esp. tungsten since it is $$$). the good beads have a different size hole on each end - some of the cheaper bulk beads just have a big hole bore straight through, and those will go over the eye of the hook and fall off. i wouldn't really recommend buying bulk beads from a company you haven't dealt with before. this is especially true if you want to buy beads for smaller hook sizes.

be careful buying bulk beads without seeing them. (esp. tungsten since it is $$$). the good beads have a different size hole on each end - some of the cheaper bulk beads just have a big hole bore straight through, and those will go over the eye of the hook and fall off. i wouldn't really recommend buying bulk beads from a company you haven't dealt with before. this is especially true if you want to buy beads for smaller hook sizes.

I can vouch for the first company I linked as they have great products, don't know anything about the second. I can tell you that if I received tung bead heads from a fly vendor that were straight bored there would be a serious problem. I know that cheap beads are straight bored for crafts and stuff, but why would tung beads be straight bored?

the cheaper beads have "some " tungsten in them but not as much as other , the sink rate of the beads is very important , if they can't tell you the sink rate i would be leary

If i get some specs and assurance of good quality i might be interested.

"why would tung beads be straight bored?"

probably because someone was lazy or didn't know what they were doing. just be careful of prices that seem "too low" as I have seen some straight bored tungsten beads on the web.

some are notch cut for streamer heads too

Back