Tulpehocken 393 cfs?

T

Takem

Looks like the tully is at 393 cfs and I'm sure a little less by sat morn. Is this a fishable cfs for that river? Temps should be ok in the morning. I wanted to try the little Schulykill but it looks pretty high and fast. Tully might be a safer bet.

Takem wrote:
Looks like the tully is at 393 cfs and I'm sure a little less by sat morn. Is this a fishable cfs for that river? Temps should be ok in the morning. I wanted to try the little Schulykill but it looks pretty high and fast. Tully might be a safer bet.

Give it a try. While 400cfs is the upper limit for fishing the Tully, for me anyway, the water temp is good, and at that level you will able to fish most areas just fine. Good luck!

I went last monday after the rains and it was pretty tough to fish. Well over the banks. Nothing was rising unlike the week before. Didnt stay long.

ive fished it at 600, and i caught fish. obviously you cant wade much at the flow, but the fish get sucked up to the banks. so just use your best judgment and be careful.

watch the TEMPS. with that rain, the gauge is reading 67.4 right now. and it has been hitting 68 degrees for basically the last few days, dropping to just below 67 over night. i didnt fish it saturday or sunday due to the temps being close to the threshold. id recommend you not trout fish that stream for the foreseeable future (until temp drops below 67 consistently)

Back