Tulli FRR Sling Review

gemiller

gemiller

Product Link: http://www.sportgear.ca/frrsling.html
Shopping Link: http://www.sportgear.ca/catalog/item/3637155/4228151.htm
Price: $14.95

I've had this product for almost 2 years now and figured i'm sure at least a few of you have been looking for something like this for a while.

I first began my search for a product like this right when I joined this site, heck it's one of the reasons I joined, to ask if anyone knew of anything like it.

Basically, in short, this product is mean to carry your fly rod while your doing whatever else with your hands that you may want to. For me, that was to carry my spinning rod with me and be able to use either rod when I want. And also to assist in general transport, as I walk to and from multiple of my favorite streams right out of my back door.

At first I was a little skeptical of it's really basic design, but it turns out to be what makes this product so darn good, imho.

I use it by putting the belt loop model on my belt and when not in use I just tuck the strap in the reel compartment. In use I put the reel in the compartment, run the strap across my chest and velcro the top peice on the tip of my reel on my back. For lack of better descriptive words, it kinda looks like a medieval sword sheathed across your back. This method works wonders for me for transport, but I did find putting it across your best has its uses, for tying tippet, flies or whatnot while in the water.

As far as durability, there isn't much that could go wrong really, other than perhaps the velcro wearing out or a bad stitch, mine looks good as it did the day I got it, minus the dirt that I could probably just wash out.

The price at $15 is ok, I mean really its just a reel case with a peice of strap on it with a velcro clasp at the end, but hey I couldn't make it myself and $15 is definately reasonable.

Cliff Notes: If you're looking for a way to carry your rod for any reason, look into this :D

Attachments

• frrsling.jpg
    frrsling.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
Back