Tube fly boxes

S

stealthartist404

Been tying ALOT of big intruders on tubes that i am going to swing for salmon and steelhead. Tried putting them in a regular Plano box normally used for lures and such and find that the dressing gets messed up and the ostrich and rhea fibers get tangled with the other flies. I have seen some of the boxes made by HMH and Eumer and find them too expensive for my taste. So looking to make a couple of my own boxes to hold 5 to 8 inch tube flies without them getting tossed around. Any ideas??

How do you guys prefer to carry/store your tube flies?

http://www.greatlakesspeyshop.com/Featured%20Product.html

thanks for the link gribble really like the magnet idea, it is this sort of design with the pins that i hope to base my own off of

$35 for the small box and they want $60 for the large. the prices are just a little over the top for a box dont you think. this is why i wish to build my own

anyone know a place where i can find pins/mandrels/rods that are the appropiate size? i have tried ace hardware with no such luck

good luck and yes they are pricy, but so is to drive to the river with a full tank of gas and realize the rivers are unfishable and driving home! ..lol..

Back