TU Pa limestone streams

Fredrick

Fredrick

I bought this book for 8 bucks last year on Amazon and I now just noticed that is selling for 68 dollars LOL :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0811729443?tag=pennsylvaniaflyf&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0811729443&adid=0VKEMCJ1TZV1A1F0R3N5&

That's just crazy! Must be a mistake. I have that book also. I bought it new for about $15. I'll sell mine for $68!! LOL

I can sum up the book pretty quick

....don't bother there are no trout, however if you like chasing carp, then this place is for you.

That's a good one!! Ha!

It must be out of print. There must be someone on here in Valley Creek TU and who could ask Joe Armstrong if the book will be back in print in the future.

I think I have two. Bought one and forgot I had it.

Fredrick wrote:
I bought this book for 8 bucks last year on Amazon and I now just noticed that is selling for 68 dollars LOL :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0811729443?tag=pennsylvaniaflyf&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0811729443&adid=0VKEMCJ1TZV1A1F0R3N5&

The book is LISTED at $68. That's a different thing than SELLING for $68. On Amazon there is no way to check what items sold for, as there is on Ebay. I think many sellers list books at very high prices on Amazon, but never actually sell it at that price.

Ya, I got it for around $8 a couple of weeks ago. The reason people list them for $68 is because folks who do not know better will see it for $68 and think it is the only one there, as it is the only one listed as paperback. However, if you click on buying options you will see that the hardback versions are still $15.

Edit: Oh and gvtmule is pretty close. I used it as a loose guide last week. One has to consider the edition date of this thing I guess and the fact that streams are considered "no trout, only carp" with a single day visit. Still a worthwhile book if you are not familiar with a lot of areas, want to rule out streams that are warm and love finding little limestoners.

You mlust be careful when using the Armstrong book. Though he worked hard on it and generously donated the proceeds to TU, at least a few of the streams he lists as limestoners are not. For instance, Canoe Creek and the Little Bald Eagle in Blair County are stocked freestone waters, but he includes them in the book. I am not "dissing" Armstrong and his efforts; I am just warning you to be a little careful.

rrt wrote:
You mlust be careful when using the Armstrong book. Though he worked hard on it and generously donated the proceeds to TU, at least a few of the streams he lists as limestoners are not. For instance, Canoe Creek and the Little Bald Eagle in Blair County are stocked freestone waters, but he includes them in the book. I am not "dissing" Armstrong and his efforts; I am just warning you to be a little careful.

I use it to supplement my other information, not as a primary source. Still as rrt mentions above it is good to see efforts to document limestone streams and I appreciate such work.

....don't bother there are no trout, however if you like chasing carp, then this place is for you.

I feel your pain buddy..

I just purchased it for $22 at www.alibris.com. I had a copy and lent it to a friend and he never returned it. Or was he a friend at all?

I got it for about $6 on amazon. Maybe your friend sold it? :lol:

My luck he probably couldn't remember where he got it and did sell it! LOL!

Is there a real difference between the hardcover and paperback versions? I noticed the 2000 (paperback) version says it was updated from the hardcover, but I was wondering if there is enough difference to make it worth searching out the paperback.

Back