Try a Fly Swap

WWKimba

WWKimba

Hi. My name is Kim and I've been hosting fly swaps for over 11 years now. Why a swap message on a BEGINNER'S section?! Here's why. It's a GREAT way to develop and improve your fly-tying skills! You also have a great way to build your fly pattern library AND you have an actual fly to test drive to see how it works for your situation. I am reviving the fly swap on this site and would like you to join a swap. ALL of my swaps are open to ALL level tyers. In fact, in 2020 (AKA COVID Year #1!) I set hosted a 6-month, 5-part set of swaps designed just for beginner tyers and it was a fine success. For any newer tyer I provide extra support (to remove any excuses! ;) ). The help could include offering a set of patterns you could choose to tie, giving a list of tips/tricks in tying your chosen pattern, and educational feedback on your ties including what you did well, where you could improve with steps you can take to make those improvements.

Oh, and by the way, all swappers get a free fly-tying gift (or 2) from me for participating in the swap. I've been tying for over 50 years and have lived by the credo - "He who dies with the most toys wins!" - so let's just say that I have ALOT to share. Just think, you get a fly-tying class, a bunch of new patterns to try, new tying materials to get you started, and you can make some good on-site acquaintances ALL for the price of postage!

I hope you'll look into this opportunity. Check out a couple more postings I'll list here to help you out and answer some of your questions/concerns. And you can ALWAYS PM me and I'll be happy to help you out - I'm retired and check this site at least daily.

Kim

Back