Tricos on Monacacy?

A

Asbury

Can anyone tell me what the trico hatch has been like on the Monocacy? I haven't fished it in a while but will be heading back to see family in Bethlehem in a week or two and will try to get on the stream a few days. Anyone been on it lately?

No first hand reports, but I know a guy who knows a guy that says there are some around.

Was there recently myself but not in time for Tricos.
Try throwing some scuds and nymphs if no hatches. I do very well there with scuds. Try a big streamer if nothing else. Some nice browns in that creek but they don't come easy.

Thanks guys. My family lives really close to some nice sections and I grew up in bethlehem. Fished the creek hundreds of times but not recently. I'll probably hit the Monocacy a few times and try to get out to the little lehigh as well.

Was on the monacacy earlier this morning. Very spotty trico hatch. Really only saw some one a small area of the stream. Not many risers either. Tried a few with a trico spinner with no luck.

Tricos weren't a heavy hatch on the LL either, I thought it would be better, and there were only a few fish rising.

Back