Tribs of Little J

sdwlucas

sdwlucas

Has anyone ever fished any tributaries of the Little J. If so where and what time of the year?

Some of those tribs are the "small places" that some of us tend to hold close. Precious and fragile. You'll probably have to seek most of them out yourself unless someone pm's you.

The only trib of the Little J I've fished is Spruce Cr. :-D
JH

Square,

I apologize, after I posted that I realized no one is going to give up their "small places". I would like to re-phrase my question. Is it worth my while/time to try these tribs. I also realized that their are well known streams that enter the Lil J, those are not the streams I am asking about. Would you say that these "small places" are better fishing in the fall?

For larger fish, in the fall its generally better in any trib thats adjacent to quality waters like the Little J . Problem is, you dont seem to get to enjoy your catch knowing you may have interupted its spawning cycle. Its great while your bringing them in but when you release them you dont feel too hot about yourself. I try to leave fish over redds alone and throw terrestrails. If you dont put something flashy in front of them to tick them off, spawning fish will usually leave it alone.
Its always worth my time to seek them out. Thats where some of my very best experiences come from. Heck, I did it this weekend and I dont even know the name of the little crick I was on.

I've fished some of the tribs to the Little Juniata and I think they are worth fishing during the regular season, not just the fall. They hold trout year around.

Back