Trader/Credibility Comments

jaybo41

jaybo41

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I'm not sure if this has been addressed previously.

As a possible enhancement, is there any way to include functionality for trader comments? I'm thinking possible uses include fly swap participation, trading post transactions, good gesture feedback, etc.

I've seen a bunch of guys offer equipment, lessons, gratis and that stuff adds to people's credibility. If making a trade or a purchase from another forum member, the credibility could be reviewed by the potential traders before making the transaction. Also may come in handy when considering who to include on fly swaps. Most of the long time members have a very well documented history here which is clearly visible, but as the forum grows maybe this would be helpful.

Example: I had a fly line for sale, found somebody who was interested. I recieved his funds, I mailed out his fly line. I might leave a comment, viewable from his profile such as: Easy transaction, great communication. I would trade with Member X again.

Just a thought.

Jaybo,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will see how it fits into what we have going on.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I just go by their posting history. If they don't post much, buyer beware. If you are a seller and don't post much, start!

Regarding the swap forum, I would consider any poster trustworthy. We watch it pretty close and if someone jumps in there on the first post we as moderators get suspicious.

While the site cannot guarantee satisfaction on your deals made here, I can say with some degree of certainty that we have never been alerted to an unsavory sale or barter done through the swap page.

Back