Today's Newbie Jam

djs12354

djs12354

Just wanted to express my thanks to all the PAFF members who took time out of their Saturday to instruct us newbs!

I had a great time meeting so many members of the board and putting faces to some of the names.

Thank You , for all your hard work and for all the advice and knowledge you impart to us.

Dave

I would also like to add my thank you for such a great event. It was nice meeting everyone and I learned so much.

Jeff

I was glad to help out today. Even showed Aducker and Stagger_Lee how to miss about 4 fish on a dry fly. Maybe next time I should staple my glasses to my arm so I don't leave them in the truck.

I finally made it home after a little detour to Cabeleas for some tying supplies and a few odds and ends. I gotta say I really had a blast today I met alot of really great people and one of the strangest guys I met in a long time but also one of the coolest guys to fish with. Mcfinn you got issues! Lol. I gotta give special thanks to Ed and all the instructors for a great day and for sharing all there knowledge. I even had a chance to instruct a gentlemen on how to tie some knots and how to rig a rod properly. I just wanna apologize to a few guys that I met today and can't remember their names. I'm HORRIBLE with names! The worst part is I fished wit a couple of them for about 5 hours and still can't remember there names. You know who you are so send me a message or call me so we can get back out fishin again. I hope to be more involved in next years newbie jam and in up coming events. Thanks to ALL !

PS....I took a ton of pictures and will be posting them in the near future.

Thank you so much to all the guys who put this together and worked the booths. Apologies, so many new names that I forgot most but each individual working the booths were great. Also met a bunch of good guys who weren't working the show but are regulars on this board .. unfortunately I suck with names

Special thanks to I believe Dan (^^Delta I believe^^) who taught me some knots and discussed how to practice them, and helped me put my gear together. Another to Kirk (outsider) for taking Jeff (post your screen name please, I forgot) and I on the water and just explaining to us about the basics of fly fishing. Funny how I didn't even fish, and just observed and listened, but being outside on the water, searching for fish, and picking up pointers was good enough for me.

Thank you so much ... looking forward to the next get together.

Absolutely! Thanks to all the instructors/presenters. There was a ton of knowledge shared that could never be found in a book and is priceless on the stream.

A special thanks to McFinn for his generosity- I know quite a few people went home with more gear than they came with! (and yes dellta_dog, he IS a strange individual)

And thanks to delta_dog, without his GPS we never would've found lunch!

It was nice to meeting you guys. I had some good conversations, especially with RickinPa.

Valdi i enjoyed the conversation also. Hot spot nymphs are something I will be working on sometime this year.

Rick

Rick i hope i will see you during Jam in State College this may. I will bring all my nymphs along and test them on Penns Creek.

Hope things went well. I'm sorry that I didn't make it to help out this year. Always good to meet a few of the guys and put a face w/ the name.

What other Jams do you guys put together?

Stagger_Lee wrote:
What other Jams do you guys put together?

We have an annual "Jam" every year in May. This is our main get-together and has gone off for over a decade. We hold it in center state for the good fishing and to make drive time equal for folks around the many corners of the state.

In addition to this jam, we have multiple other smaller jams (sometimes called "mini-jams") that pretty much pop up spontaneously around the state. At least once a month or more, there are PAFF guys getting together somewhere to fish or just to hit lunch or a tavern. Last year in 2011 we had two saltwater jams, a steelhead jam, newbie jam, Stoktoberfest, wildtrout and sandwich symposium, and a host of other get-togethers. In 2010 we also had a warm water bass fishing jam on the Juniata River. There's always something coming down the pike. Consider yourself invited.

I believe our next one is the "Quill Gordon Jam" scheduled soon for northcentral PA.

Back