Tobyhanna DHALO

jackstrawphilly

jackstrawphilly

Hi all,

Given limited time away from the family by the Tobyhanna, I'm hoping for help optimizing two DHALO trips to the stream on April 2 and 3 this week.

Any advice on bugs, times or spots?

I believe I enter by the work road off 423 then walk or drive down to the bridge then work upstream.

Thanks for any and all help!

All access to dhalo section is off 423. I parked at a gate last time and walked down to ppl bridge. Check Google maps from pfbc website. I never liked the dhalo much. Try kistler run, a trib for brooks. Small rod as it's thick.

Thanks Millsertime
Tried a few hundred yards in both directions of the ppl bridge but no action. Cold and sunny and saw one sole mayfly size 16 skittering across.
I started to work down kistler from highway to tobyhanna but it was icy and I was flipping around

I have tomorrow if you read this and could point in the right direction for a cold water hole from the ppl bridge. Thanks!

Wont have been stocked as of yet they don't stock preseason because of poaching. Gets a later stocking.

Jack...I'm not sure what you mean by a cold water hole but I wouldn't waste my time with Tobyhanna right now. As Trout48 mentioned it hasn't even been stocked. Check out Monroe County's Class A list on PFBC website. Class A's will provide better fishing currently. Singer Run is near Tobyhanna State Park and if you can drive a little further, there are even better Class A's to the south and/or east.

Thanks guys. I meant a pool where they lie when water is icy cold but based on both of your comments and my second skunking this morning you were right. Too early or too late is how it goes. Thanks again.

Back