Tippet Rings

ryanpgh

ryanpgh

I've been using tippet rings for Euro/High-Sticking since I started and I never thought to wonder why I was paying $10 for a small pack of those things when I can get tiny barrel swivels at Walmart for 99cents a pack. If you drop a tippet ring, say goodbye. I find the tiny barrel swivels much easier to work with and if you drop one, you still have a chance. Anyone else doing this?

Yo ryan

Did you catch this earlier thread on microswivels? How do they compare in size to the WallyWorld ones? Today at the Int'l Fly Tying Symposium, I saw that Badger Creek Fly Shop and Tight Lines had tiny microswivels.

Raven 4xs micro swivels are tiny. Rated to 20lbs. Could easily replace tippet rings for most folks. Definitely cheaper than tippet rings. Can fish dries with them as well.

I didn't.. I don't come on here too often. I probably should've back read to see if this topic had already been discussed. I'm not familiar with micro swivels. The ones i have are size 14 barrel swivels. They seem to work fine as I rarely have it underwater anyway.

Back