Tie Some Flies to Help Out the Youth Camp

Dave_W

Dave_W

Staff member
The Rivers Conservation and Fly Fishing Youth Camp will be in June this year at Messiah College along the Yellow Breeches. This is the premier FFing and coldwater youth camp in the northeast and runs in conjuction with Cumberland Valley Trout Unlimited.

We're always in need of flies for the students. CVTU volunteers do most of the tying but we could use some help. If you'd like to help with tying flies, we need standard, basic trout fly patterns in sets of three dozen. These include things like #16 PT, Wooly Buggers, Green Weenies, #12 Hare's Ear, #20 Zebra Midge, etc. Flies in the group should all be tied on the same size hook and with the same materials.

(Please note that you would be donating your time and materials. This is not a paid effort)

If you've got adequate time, material, and 36 hooks of the same size and shape available, we'd appreciate your efforts. You can ship the flies directly to me. PM for more info on shipping.

Thanks,
Dave

PM sent.

Just to clarify...I'm seeking individuals who will tie 36 examples of one pattern, not all the different flies.

You may, however, volunteer to tie an additional pattern if you'd like. (That would be 72 total flies - a lot of tying)

I have committments for the following patterns:
PT
Zebra Midge

Other flies are available (any basic, well known trout pattterns).

I would need them sent to me by about early to mid-May.
Thanks again.

Taking Zebra Midge. PM sent.

Have a dozen size 12 Gold Ribbed Hares Ears tied for the Camp.

Have to order more hooks to finish them.

Attachments

• Gold Ribbed Hares Ears resized.jpg
    Gold Ribbed Hares Ears resized.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 4
Bump...
I'd like to re-issue this request for 2019.

The Rivers Conservation and FF Youth Camp is next month and we're in need of flies for the students. If you can tie up three dozen copies of the same pattern in the next month or so, we'd appreciate it. Any basic trout fly pattern is fine.
Thanks,
Dave

PM sent

if there is a ton of rain at the jam,we could group tye a few patterns and get the numbers up quickly!

shakey wrote:
if there is a ton of rain at the jam,we could group tye a few patterns and get the numbers up quickly!

I'll throw in a tying bag just in case. good idea!

any need for SJW ???

perfect! fast easy tye!

Back