Thoughts on Cabelas rls outfit

jay1963

jay1963

Looking for the new 4 weight and saw this today.
Has any one owned one looking for input.
Thank you
Jay

I bought one but returned it. Cork Handle was a loose and moved around when casting. It's in a lot of the reviews. Reel seemed very nice. I was looking for a rod and saw how it was ridiculously on sale. Seemed like a deal I couldn't pass up. After I realized it's always on sale to see like a deal. It's a scam. That's enough reason to return it.

I have the reel on a 4wt reddingto ct rod. I think it's a great reel. But I have only been fly fishing for a couple years so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I got an 8wt for Bass and Steelhead. The rod isn't too bad, but the reel is very, very nice. I figured I'd use it for a while and if the rod became a downer I'd just replace the rod. The reel almost makes it worth the price alone if you get the combo on sale like I did last fall.

I started with this rod and loved it. I didn't have any problems with the handle becoming loose, and even if you do Cabelas would give you a replacement rod anyway. It is always on sale like Takem said, but for $150 you can't ask for a much better rod, reel, and line combo.

I've owned and fish lot of Cabelas rods. I just traded away a 9' 6wt RLS. But not because it was poorly made. It cast great, But it was a bit too fast for my likes. I traded for glass rod.

In my opinion, the best value on the market is the Cabelas Three Forks rods. I have the 9' 6wt 4-pc, and 2 8' 4wts. The 8' 4pc 4wt is one of the nicest casting rods you will find for under $100. I use one for my knock-around rod to keep in my truck, and my son uses one. I would lean towards the TF rod personalty.

I got the rls 4wt combo on sale and it worked really well for me as a beginner.
Now using the reel on reddington CT 9' 4wt, just like poopdeck and it is my go-to.

Back