Those Danged Snakeheads

JVenezia

JVenezia

Anyone interested in Md. fishing for the horrible beasts?
There is a annual tourney held at Smallwood State Park. The fishing is overnight and open to standard tackle, approved live baits and artificial, Bowfishing and yes I am going to say it FLY FISHING...!!!!! Standard practice or Spey fishing....
I had a few guys we were going to put a boat team together with But, the Captain "boat owner" slotted in a family vacation in that time boat is going with them... Oi...!!!

So wondering if any fellows from the forums might be interested especially someone with a boat able to fish shallows and navigate backwater and areas of the Potomac...
I actually have two businesses that are willing to throw some sponsor money to cover gas, entry fee's and what not maybe I can hook a couple more. And will print up a few shirts for the team.... Team can be as large as the boat safely allows with gear, people and containers for the dead bodies.....
Top Prize Money Is $$$$1000.00
Anyone interested???

Oh also at the event their are sponsors from a local brewery, food and the likes... :pint: :cool: :pint: :-D :-D

Either message me or post here....

Attachments

• arapaima-fly-fishing1b.jpg
    arapaima-fly-fishing1b.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 5
If you don't mind, I will move this thread to the Warm Water Forum where it will probably be seen by more folks actually interested in fishing.
Dave

I always wanted to fish for these beast with my fly rod but the only boat I own is my kayak . I was planning on heading out that way early summer to see if I could bring one to my dinner table as I hear they are great table fare .
Found this website to start my search

http://nas.er.usgs.gov/taxgroup/fish/northernsnakeheaddistribution.aspx

Arapaima is not a Snakehead but they are a bad azz Amazon , If i can ask JV ........where did you fish for them? The Amazon? You can be our very own Jeremy Wade ............WAY TO GO!!!!!

LOL... That pic was grabbed from the net.. I just typed snakehead on flyrod and it came up with that.... I have yet to fish for them... But, have a older compound bow i want to rig up and willl soon be getting a 8wt rod suited for Bass/pike/snakehead....

I live in Maryland and think this would be really fun to do. The only boat I have is a Bayliner 18 which isn't exactly a fishing boat haha, but I might have access to a 16 foot Boston Whaler or similar boat if I brought a friend. I have a lot of experience driving boats in the tidal Severn River near Annapolis, but I've only driven in the Potomac a handle of times.

There's still a chance that I might not be home for the Summer, but I probably will be, and I'll know in a couple days.

I'm not sure how big of a boat or team you were thinking of here, so let know what you think.

I am interested in anything... 16 ft is great we would just have to plan tackle.. I am game and of course your friend is welcome I think 4-5 ? on a 16footer is probably full ? plus gear what do you think?

Yeah, I'd say 5 max for fishing in the 16 footer, but it might get a little crowded depending on the number of fly guys. As soon as I make sure I'll be on the east coast this summer, I'll start making some calls and try to hunt down a boat.

Do you know the water in that area at all? I have another friend that I fish for stripers with that has a boat that would be more comfortable for a group, but I'm not sure how crowded it's gonna get up there.

No I have not fished Md. at all But, I have been tracking all the snakehead fishing talk for the area and kind of marking points...

Back