This terrestrial didn't get the memo

JG63

JG63

Seen and photographed by me on the driveway this December morning:

585E94B4-2C06-4CD2-A1B6-A6DF49BF33E9.jpg

Apparently he never read Aesop and thinks the world DOES owe him a living.

Global warming, not a myth?

I live in the City of Pittsburgh, right on the north side, and had one sitting in my driveway yesterday morning. Article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette today said the National Weather Service said this was the warmest November in the Pittsburgh region since the Herbert Hoover administration.

The hoppers were still pretty active around here up through November. One thing I didn't see as many as I would expect this fall were hornets/yellow jackets.

But yes, the hoppers (and praying mantis) were certainly numerous.

If the weather keeps up I might be throwing hoppers over my winter break;)

some of you weren't around yet for big El'Nino's but it happens like this. warm mild winter and good fishing all winter

I don't believe I have ever had a bad winter of fishing. I may not always use a flyrod though. It's way to difficult to pop a fly from ice hole to ice hole. However if the ice is opened enough I will most like use the flyrod with a nymph or streamer.

Chicken Little shouts: "there's a grasshopper in December.......tell me global warming isn't real"

LMAO at knee-jerk reactions of the general public. If you were 500-1000 years old, documented daily temps every single day during that time periodand had prof to back things up, I'd listen. We had snowthe other year in early / mid October. I'm thinking we are heading into a mini ice age. Hoard firewood just in case.

Was at Marsh Creek Lake last Friday and was surprised to see tons of hoppers. Timely post.

Definitely think we're heading for warm winter. The last few years the squirrels were going nuts (no pun intended) and fattened up in late fall. They've been quiet this year...no urgency. Would love to be able to fish all winter.

Global warming is real and will be devastating to trout. These juicy hoppers in December are proof!

I wouldn't sweat it just yet! (Pun intended)

PennypackFlyer wrote:
I don't believe I have ever had a bad winter of fishing. I may not always use a flyrod though. It's way to difficult to pop a fly from ice hole to ice hole. However if the ice is opened enough I will most like use the flyrod with a nymph or streamer.

Yea, I might break out the ice fishing gear this winter even if it doesn't get as cold as last. Lots of ice holes around here.

just be careful you don't fall into any isis holes.

fishbaithohaha wrote:
Global warming, not a myth?

It's called El Nino - not global warming

I believe there was an executive decision to call it "El Obamo"

Listen, if it really was a concern we would be doing odd/even license plate number days similar to Colombia. You only get to drive your vehicle on days when your Lic number comes up.

Back