There is a hatch in my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through some pictures my friend LukeC had posted on Flickr. I really admire his photography as they are mostly beautiful pictures of bugs, fish and tying flies. All good things any angler would enjoy. He caught my attention when he posted a picture of a screen capture from an iPhone for an application called The Hatch V2.0. Anxious to learn more I download the application immediately.

The Hatch for the iPhone and iPod Touch was recently released by Cory Pratt. The application provides hatch charts for you to carry with you while on the stream and includes some photographs of insects. With the recent update there are now 33 states and 300 rivers. Six of Pennsylvania’s more popular streams have now been added including: Fishing Creek, Letort Spring, Little Lehigh, Penns Creek, Slate Run and Spruce Creek.

The application provides a very straightforward way of selecting your month, state and river to access a very thorough hatch list.

The Hatch works off line so it will function if you are using an iPod Touch too. The hatch information is relatively brief and concise. If you have Internet access, there are additional suggested imitations via a link that takes you to Flyrecipes.com.

There are still more insect photographs and streams to be added, but Cory admittedly is asking for comments and feedback at his website which can be found at here. Found at the iTunes store for the price of $0.99 your can take The Hatch with you on the stream. There is a free "lite" version to try out too!

Some of LukeC’s pictures are used in The Hatch application and more of his wonderful fly-fishing photography can be found here on Flickr.

wgmiller
This is an amazing integration of technology and the art of fly fishing. I carry Meck's book that lists many of the common hatches of PA waters, but I can see the advantage to having a small source of information like this. You have so many things with you in one package: clock, phone, compass, fly guide, etc.

Pretty cool! :)

Last edited:
wgmiller
This is an amazing integration of technology and the art of fly fishing. I carry Meck's book that lists many of the common hatches of PA waters, but I can see the advantage to having a small source of information like this. You have so many things with you in one package: clock, phone, compass, fly guide, etc.

Last edited:
wgmiller

Last edited:
gfen
I've been waiting for someone to make an app like this, surprised it took this long.

I'd love to have a more PA-centric version of this, akin to Meck's book.

Last edited:
gfen
I've been waiting for someone to make an app like this, surprised it took this long.

Last edited:
gfen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back