The Tying Box by Benchworks

R

Ragangel54

Hello. My father past away some time ago. I’m cleaning out some things and I found this box. I know he loved fly fishing. And my mom said she bought it about 23-25 years ago. But other than that we have no info on it. I’ve tried googling it and we can’t find any information. I have pictures listed below, but I forgot to get pictures of the bottom when you take those trays out. There is room underneath all of them. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it and could give me some insight on it? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1435.jpeg
    IMG_1435.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 81
My mom was trying to remember, but all she could remember was it was a little shop. She can’t remember the name. I was too young so I have no idea.

She said all she can remember is it wasn’t a big chain store, it was more of a mom and pop type store.

You might want to try posting the same question & photos here...

...and here.

Good luck and let us know if you find out something!

Here's a similar one i picked up from a vintage tackle dealer i know. Its made of cedar and either made by Brown & Co or they are they supplier of the cedar. Great traveling fly tying box as the vice clamps onto the corner of the handle and its heavy enough so its stationary. It holds a lot of materials.

It was too good a deal to pass up. The box with all the tools, hooks and materials for $100.
Brown  Co Fly Box 1
Brown  Co Fly Box 2
Brown  Co Fly Box 3
Brown  Co Fly Box 4

Back