the off season

jabink84

jabink84

Floated the South Fork of the snake yesterday in -2 deg weather which made up my mind to officially hang up the rods for a little bit. Time to sit down at the bench and add even more flies to my stockpile. I started with a few dozen of these. If anyone else has been tying some bigger streamers, lets see them.

Attachments

• streamers.jpg
    streamers.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 11
Fun but frosty, not a bad way to end the season! I'm liking the looks of the streamers, the uv polar chenille gives em a real kick, how do you like the heads on them?

jabink84 wrote:
Floated the South Fork of the snake yesterday in -2 deg weather which made up my mind to officially hang up the rods for a little bit. Time to sit down at the bench and add even more flies to my stockpile. I started with a few dozen of these. If anyone else has been tying some bigger streamers, lets see them.

Do you live out there?

-2 degrees? That's tip-up weather IMO

Yes I live out there. I am attending a university in the area. Grew up in Huntingdon, with the hopes of making it back to the area some day.

I really do like the sculpin helmets. the flat on the bottom makes them ride hook up really well. I agree with you when you say the polar chenille is awesome, and it make tying awesome bodies super easy.

Whenever your in Huntingdon or get back shoot me a pm I've got some dirt in hill valley I'm down there alot.

Back