The Erie Steelhead JAM 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first annual Erie Steelhead JAM was a huge success! We had a great turnout with people from all across the state. A special thanks to Folly’s campground for their hospitality in the usage of their facilities!

In an attempt in not embarrassing myself in not remembering everyone’s names, I will not give a list of everyone who showed up. We had an estimated 25 guys (and one spouse!) came to fish the famous steelhead alley in Erie Pennsylvania over the weekend of October 30th to November 1st. A few members filtered in on Friday and braved the wind and the rain, but the majority of people showed up on Saturday morning.

We all met at the pavilion at Folly’s and planned our attack from there. Elk is about 50 yards away from the pavilion so it was the logical choice as the water was rising by the minute. A few headed down to the mouth of Elk to “beat the flows”. The fishing did not last very long as the creek visibly rose in front of our eyes. A few people got stuck on the wrong side of the stream and some of us watched in anticipation as they slowly crossed the creek. Those of us who were there then joined up the genius “beat the flow” guys and had a small window of fishing before the flows hit the mouth. Our early morning success was very limited as there were a few hookups and maybe 1 or 2 fish landed.

[more]

albatross
Ryan,

Not only are you a great host, but a great historian as well. Thanks again for your efforts in organizing this. I enjoyed my time at the jam even if I was only there for the bad day.

I'm so happy that most of the first timers were able to get into fish. I have no doubt they will be back again! Once you've felt the first run of a fresh steelhead, you're addicted for life.

Last edited:
albatross
Ryan,

Not only are you a great host, but a great historian as well. Thanks again for your efforts in organizing this. I enjoyed my time at the jam even if I was only there for the bad day.

I'm so happy that most of the first timers were able to get into fish. I have no doubt they will be back again! Once you've felt the first run of a fresh steelhead, you're addicted for life.

Last edited:
albatross
Ryan,

Last edited:
wgmiller
That looks like what it's all about - meeting new people and having a good time sharing a common bond. Catching fish is always optional...

Last edited:
wgmiller
That looks like what it's all about - meeting new people and having a good time sharing a common bond. Catching fish is always optional...

Last edited:
wgmiller

Last edited:
T
Hey guys,
Just got back from erie. enjoyed the jam. All you guys are 1st class. I never meet a bunch of guys willing to help any way they could. Answered any question,even when they sounded dumb from a rookie like me. You people make this web site worth going to. By the way thursday the hole by the camp ground was black with fish, hopefully they move up. Hope to see all you guys soon.
Glenn

Last edited:
T
Hey guys,
Just got back from erie. enjoyed the jam. All you guys are 1st class. I never meet a bunch of guys willing to help any way they could. Answered any question,even when they sounded dumb from a rookie like me. You people make this web site worth going to. By the way thursday the hole by the camp ground was black with fish, hopefully they move up. Hope to see all you guys soon.
Glenn

Last edited:
T
Hey guys,
Glenn

Last edited:
T
1 good laugh from erie,
After the jam, monday I went combat fishing at wall nut, left there and went to elk where 1, I lost my fishing glasses, that was monday. Tuesday my wife hooked a real nice steel head, after chassing it up and down the river I stepped on my rod and broke it, but got the fish,she was happy, I was questionable.Wednesday ran out of underware, went to mall with wife, paid for underware, left them laying on counter, found out after I was back at camp ground.Thursday took dog for a walk, he peeded on my waders.
Friday on the way home a rock cracked my wind shield. All in all caught some fish, met some world class guys, have a good laugh.
Glenn aka tig

Last edited:
T
1 good laugh from erie,
After the jam, monday I went combat fishing at wall nut, left there and went to elk where 1, I lost my fishing glasses, that was monday. Tuesday my wife hooked a real nice steel head, after chassing it up and down the river I stepped on my rod and broke it, but got the fish,she was happy, I was questionable.Wednesday ran out of underware, went to mall with wife, paid for underware, left them laying on counter, found out after I was back at camp ground.Thursday took dog for a walk, he peeded on my waders.
Friday on the way home a rock cracked my wind shield. All in all caught some fish, met some world class guys, have a good laugh.
Glenn aka tig

Last edited:
T
1 good laugh from erie,
Glenn aka tig

Last edited:
PaulG
What a great job! The talent of some of the people here is amazing. I can't believe how this site has grown, since the begining.

Paul G

Last edited:
J
Great Vids thamk you Skybay :-D

Last edited:
salvelinusfontinalis
Skybay,

That is really cool stuff! I like a lot of what the first speaker had to say.

Im always in awe when dave wolf speaks :)

Last edited:
bassistjon112
The turtle was my favorite part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back