The Bearded Lady

M

midnightangler

I tied a pattern like this last year for the articulated fly swap. Someone asked about how to make the lips, and I'm just now getting around to finishing a video. I've caught a lot of fish on this pattern. It's fun to fish.

http://youtu.be/J902Cx03rxQ

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Really cool, would have never thought to make a lip out of CCG. Nice tie.

Thanks. I do the majority of my streamer fishing with lipped flies. Mostly I use this pattern and another that I call the devil's deceiver. It's basically just an articulated deceiver with a lip.

DSCN0157.JPG

DSCN0062.JPG

Guys who want to put a lip on a 7-8 inch fly will like that second pattern. Big bucktail flies cast really nice. It's great for smallmouth.

And you are using a sink tip or line with these flies correct?

Great video. Did you voice over the video after you cut it to where you were happy?

Nice tie too. Just starting to try my hand at articulated streamers and may use some of the techniques you used here.

I always use 300-grain full sink when streamer fishing for trout or bass. Sink-tip will work fine, but I'm a strong believer in full sinking lines. A friend of mine fishes these with those detachable sinking heads, mainly because he doesn't want to buy a full sink. He's caught some nice fish on them.

I cut this together in iMovie and then did a voice-over. My camera will only shoot five minutes of video at a time. I never made any sort of video before. Next time I'll probably do some things differently, as there are times when my hand gets in the way of the camera.

I actually really enjoyed the voice over. You cut out the unnecessary parts and made it quick and easy and the commentary didn't interrupt the tying.

I hate extremely long tying videos. Just watched one that was 4:30 into and all that was tied on the hook was a tail with a bead head and lead wrapping. Talk about a waste of time.

Great vid! Keep em coming.

I like the streamer you tied, And you did a fantastic job on the video. Nicely done.

Nice job, I would like to see more large streamer patterns. where does one find them. Is there a pattern book for larger streamers.

Try the internet for articulated streamers.

I second the internet for articulated streamers. Linseman and Galloup have a book, but I think it pre-dates many of their articulated patterns.

I did a bit of web-searching trying to get a sense for how to set up tying videos. I thought this video was extremely well done. This pattern would be ideal for floating line guys.

http://globalflyfisher.com/video/headbanger-sculpin

I second the internet for articulated streamers. Linseman and Galloup have a book, but I think it pre-dates many of their articulated patterns.

I did a bit of web-searching trying to get a sense for how to set up tying videos. I thought this video was extremely well done. This pattern would be ideal for floating line guys.

http://globalflyfisher.com/video/headbanger-sculpin

Back