Thanksgiving wild browns...

NJAngler

NJAngler

Caught these two nice wild browns this am. Top one went 14" and the bottom one 15". Caught those along with 38 other wild browns and 8 native brookies using gold beadheads. Fished for about 2.75 hours on a specially regulated water. Water was 46F and the air was a chilly 38F.

Mark

IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

Those are some nice browns.
The pectoral fin on the lower fish looked pretty neat. Not to beg the question but is that in NJ?
Quick math states that you had a catch rate of 1 fish every 3.587 minutes. Very impressive concerning it takes me on average 7.3 minutes to untie the tangle in my line that occurs every other cast. :lol:

NJA,
If im counting correctly thats 48 trout incredible! and kudos to U!! the water in your pics looks very beautiful indeed! is that a normal catch for a day or just one of those glorious days that you never forget!!??

S1,

Actually it one every 3.44 minutes;-)

Its in NJ.

Catch rate is actually below avg for me. Browns on flies are a little tougher to come by. Brookies on flies much, much easier.
In the past three weeks, I've made 5 FFO visits to streams for a total of 8.5 hours. In that time. I've taken 216 trout or 25.4 per hour. The yoy brookies - 2 to 3" sized ones - are abundant this year and dominate the catch. So although the numbers are high, its mostly sub-legal sized fish coming to hand. Like this one:

IMG_6077.jpg

Mark

Back