Thanks again!

A

AkDan76

Wanted to say thanks again! met a few more folks and managed to catch a pile of fish...had a blast! Thank you!

I'm home. Spring is here and so are the grayling en masse. If you ever want to be rudely spoiled. They are made for dry fly fishing!

grayling pics early season sails......

Attachments

• grayling.JPG
    grayling.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 2
Ill be on the Clearwater again this August fishing dries to willing grayling near the campground. I'll look you up once I get my orders. My avatar is from last year. This will be my 13th trip to AK. Great state!

Do that! I'll be sure to keep the raft put together.

Do you have a couple days to travel? The bows will hopefully be smoking hot again this year. Its the right time. And their should be some silvers as well.

My emails akdan76@yahoo.com

Dan

I never plan work for the weekend and I fish around Delta each evening since there's so much daylight. The past few years I've been driving down to fish reds on the Gulkanna. I've caught some small bows there as well. You ever raft the Gulkanna from Paxton to Sourdough?

What rivers/creeks are you stating will have bows and silvers near Fairbanks in August?

I used to fish tangle lakes for grayling over memorial day. They will hit anything that floats, and just about as much that sinks. They are a great fish.

Never the upper. I do know stay right in the canyon. Or the middle. Left is no joy even in high water.

I do fish the lower for kings and do well. Heres a springer from last year. One of 7 landed in 2 hours on one stick between two of us. We managed to blow the 2nd rod before hitting the slot. Ive fished the last 20 years on the lower stretch rafting and hiking it.

Cant post pics from phone grrrr! Ill post pics tonight.

I was thinking matsu for bows and silvers.

Tangles is fun. Dcw has giants! Best on the road system.

couple of gulkana kings.

lots of great years on this river!

Our king runs are poor over all state wide these days, these are the only 2 kings I've kept in the last 4 years now. She's holding both hers and mine. 14 fish hooked, 2 hours rod time. 5 years ago we had a good run, however low waters held the fish in the bottom, they shut it down. If anyone serious about kings, Alaska is NOT the place to spend a small fortune to come unless you have money to burn. There's some backups in case they get closed, but you're getting more and more limited these days.

The next day the river doubled in size, turned to mud city. Thankfully we have a backup plan...sockeyes!!!

Attachments

• king 1.jpg
    king 1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 4
  • king 2.jpg
    king 2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 2
Beautiful girl holding a beautiful fish. You should make one of those pics your avatar.

Back