Thank you Beadhead

P

pmelle

Beadhead,

I am new to fly fishing and found this community and forum back in March when I was looking for insight into what fly fishing is all about. I went to the Newbie Jamboree back in March. I sat down to do some fly tying with the guys, something I've never done before, and was hooked...(Bad joke). Anyway, I was given a box of fly tying materials and books at the jamboree provided by you and I would like to say thank you. Not only have I been tying my own, but had fun catching wild brookies on my own flies recently. Ive been tying every week with GenCon and some other guys. I'll try to get some pictures up when I can figure out resizing them. Also, glad to be part of a community of people who are passionate, friendly, and full of knowledge. All the way from the newbie jamboree to the fly tying I do with a group from the forum to people I meet on the stream has been an awesome experience. Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend.

pmelle wrote:
Beadhead,

I am new to fly fishing and found this community and forum back in March when I was looking for insight into what fly fishing is all about. I went to the Newbie Jamboree back in March. I sat down to do some fly tying with the guys, something I've never done before, and was hooked...(Bad joke). Anyway, I was given a box of fly tying materials and books at the jamboree provided by you and I would like to say thank you. Not only have I been tying my own, but had fun catching wild brookies on my own flies recently. Ive been tying every week with GenCon and some other guys. I'll try to get some pictures up when I can figure out resizing them. Also, glad to be part of a community of people who are passionate, friendly, and full of knowledge. All the way from the newbie jamboree to the fly tying I do with a group from the forum to people I meet on the stream has been an awesome experience. Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend.

Nice. I help a lot of newbies to the sport and some of the most fun I have is seeing them bring back the flies they tied or show pics of the fish they caught.

Further, it's great to acknowledge the guys above that take time out of their own busy schedules to help others.

Every third guy I talk to mentions tying at GenCon's place. He's not keeping your flies and selling them....is he?! :lol:

Good luck tying and fishing.

pmelle
You are very welcome ,enjoy the material and hope you continue to progress in your tying
You have a good teacher (Mike)
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
Here is a free image resizer program

Way to go Pete. Its nice for me to work with guys who take it seriously.
Henry, Pete is tying some really nice flys. He is doing justice to the tying kit you gave him.
AFish, I don't sell them but I do stock my fly boxes. :lol:

GenCon

Pete,
you are tying some nice flies, and catching some fish with those puppies too!

Back