TFO newer offerings?

U

Uprightman

Greetings,

I’m interested in a new 9 foot 5 weight and am leaning into a TFO. Their price range fits my budget and I like their warranty. My old man fishes a bvk that he really likes, but it seems that has been discontinued.

I’ve been really eyeballing either the new LK Legacy or one of the Axiom II’s. I know the legacy is brand new, so I can’t find much about them. Most of what I read on the Axiom II (X) seems to be in the 8+ weight and mostly for sport fish.

I’m curious if any of you have experience with these in a 9 foot 5 weight, and the applicability in Pa waters for trout.

Yo Up

I see on TFO's site that another new line in trout sizes is the Blue Ribbon. Its action seem more like the BVK than the Legacy. A bit cheaper, too. Another brand you may want to try are the Fenwick AETOS. I got a smaller one and am very pleased with it.

There is a new generation of graphite out and about. 3M uses nano technology that provides more strength. The blank manufacturers such as Hardy utilize the new stuff to make thinner blanks. Apparently AETOS uses this as do the StreamFlexes, though their marketing guys haven't hyped it (yet).

Sierra Trading Post had a bunch of StreamFlexes, but they went fast. But not before I nabbed a nice 8'4wt.

Back