TFO Lefty Kreh Finesse Series 4 wt

mcfinn

mcfinn

About a month ago i picked up an 8ft 4wt (2pc) Lefty Kreh Signature series rod. It fished magically... super light, nice touch and balance. Regretted it was a 2 pc, but couldn't pass up the price for this nice 4wt. On my third outing with it, while bringing a little piggy of a rainbow to net, the rod snapped about 8inches below the tip. It didn't come with a warranty card, but there's a brief
warranty form online. TFO's policy is: send the whole rod and 25 bucks (replace/repair fee) to them in Dallas, and either get yours back mended, or get a whole new rod. Sent mine back & received the latter in 6 days. Not too shabby. They sent me a new 2pc which a local dealer let me exchange/upgrade from Lefty's Signature to Finesse Series. The $ difference was 70 bones, but the payoff was going from a 2 to a 4 piece (4wt) rod only 7'9" in length. And MAN what a cool change. Makes presentations go from clunky to champion, despite my haltingly ****eyed casting 'touch'. TOTALLY enamoured by this rod, its concept and the service behind it.
Well done TFO.

Mcfinn - I have that same rod and love mine also. This is my favorite Spring Creek rod.

What line are you using? I throw a 4wt Orvis superfine trout wonderline gen 3 with mine and it casts like a dream.

Glad to hear there's another fan (Kilwell) of this schweet fly rod.
As for flyline, i spooled up some tan Orvis sink tip stuff for nymphs, but switch to a greyish white WF Sharkskin deal for those light & fluffy dry presentation/s. I swear that rod KNOWS what the CREEK knows and helps one adjust the difference/s.

Back