TFO fly rods

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

Anyone here ever deal with TFO? how is their warranty? I've been looking for a new brookie rod, and their Series One 6' 2-wt. is looking like a killer option...but if their warranty is no good, I'll go with an Orvis Clearwater II in a 7' 4-wt.

i think i have 7 TFOs currently
their lifetime warranty is UNMATCHED.... broken rod= new rod
i don't know of any "series one" rod... but the only 6' 2wt i can think of is the signature series (msrp 109)... for 109, they make a great starter rod or a backup, but my main complaint with that model is the cork quality... but hey, its a 100 fly rod

for a light rod at the same price point as the clearwaterII look at the finesse or the BVK... depending on your action preferences

personally i'd take anything over a CWII... why by a bottom tier product from at an inflated price? when you can but a mid/upper tier product for the same price

so it's a great deal? I'm not too concerned about aesthetics, I'd rather an ugly, functional rod over a pretty rod any day, they're gonna get beat up with use anyway...

As to the clearwaters, I currently own 3 (9' 5wt, 10' 7wt and 9' 8wt), and I love them, they're a little heavy, but they cast like a dream.

I sent back a left kreh professional series rod. I wrapped the broken rod up which I broke in my car door. I included the check I think for 20 bucks and I had a brand new rod back to me in right around a week. I had no problems with them at all.

I have a 9' 8wt TFO TICR rod and LOVE it. I also broke it a few years ago, mailed it with a check for $25 and got it back within about 10 days. Warranty is fantastic.

They are known to be a bit stiff overall. Mine casts like a dream. I fish it for bass in lakes, and also use it for steelhead. It's paired with a Cabela's SR reel and is my favorite set up I own. I may check them out for a new rod in the near future.

I have a 9' 8wt TFO TiCRX and I love the rod. Can't say much about the warranty, since I've never had it in for warranty repair. From what I've read here (this post and others) and on other sites, they have great customer service/warranties.

I have one TFO I love, the rest I own or have tried, not so much. That said, I broke the rod, registered it online after breaking, then got a replacement piece within two weeks.

I can't complain about the service.

i have a 5wt healing waters, nice rod at a good cost.

My first non-walmart rod was an 8' 4wt TFO professional. I think I've had to get it replaced twice in ten or so years, and it has never been a problem at all. Send a check and ship it, they send you a new rod. I don't even think they read the email or letter you send with it.

Anyway, the rod doesn't do anything particularly well, but I probably fish it as often as any other rod due to the size and length being suited to many of the streams I fish around here. If they are still selling them for under $150, it's a steal. It's a true med-fast action. The recovery is "meh", and the feel is ok. I drive a geo on errands and to work, and I fish the TFO locally. I love both of them for their no-nonsense charm and effectiveness.

The TFO warranty is great. I was taking a reel off of my TFO LEfty Kreh Proffesional tod and the real seat just snapped in half! all the way through the blank. I had registered the rod for the lifetime warranty, sent the rod back and within 2 weeks i had the new rod at my hands. Will deffinatly deal with this company again

Back