TFO BVK 696-4

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

Let me start by saying I am trying to kill a few birds with one stone with this post. I am looking into a TFO BVK 696-4 as a streamer rod, something I could nymph with, and even something I could target steelhead with in a pinch so I don't have to have 30 rods/reels laying around that I used one/twice per year. Does anyone have any input on this rod or even the 6100-4? Looking at using this on the Delaware, Lackawaxen, and even on some stillwater with smallmouth. Any help would be awesome. Any other recommendations in that 696 or 6100 category at a price that won't break the bank would be helpful too. Thank you.

Size of the bank you are trying not to break....

$75-$150 or $300-$400 ??

Provide that and I'll text ya some stuff

Under $250 would be awesome. Keep me posted.

I think that first you need to define streamer. For some people a streamer is a wooley bugger or zonker about 3 inches in length. For others it includes bugs that are articulated and measure in the 4-8 inch range. Personally, when I say streamers it means I'm grabbing my 8 wt. rod so i can toss everything from small to large. The right 6wt can do this too but your max fly size will have to suffer, but you'll add the versatility that you're looking for. Just something to think about.

I would like to be able to throw streamers from smaller buggers up to articulated weighted flies in the 2-4 size range.

Basically is the 696 BVK more of a 6.5 weight and would I be able to chuck the bigger stuff and still throw smaller stuff without a concern? Thanks.

Have you considered a switch rod?

how about a 9' 7wt, can drop to a 6 line or step up to a 8wt. line on it.

Didn't think of that with the 7wt. That means I need to get another reel though since all of mine are either 3/4 or 5/6...

Or just keep it a 7wt and be a little over or under gunned at times, but not drastically.

Wow! Almost same post 8 months later.

Is there a concern over the previous post a few months back? I figured maybe someone would have some helpful information regarding a rod and to be honest, forgot I even asked that question back in August. Thank you for any new help on an old topic that I would still like info on. Have a good evening everyone.

Lamson liquid with spare spool pack.....one spool for floating 6wt, one spool for sink tip 7wt and the tried spool for 7wt floating bass taper. Now you're in business.

Back