Tennessee fishing license

Jessed

Jessed

Going to the smokies for a trip and was doing a little research on a 3 day license and saw it was $40? Why do you think it's so expensive for a 3 day? Our 3 day non resident is about half the price

$26.90 for 3-day non-resident plus $9.90 for a trout stamp puts you pretty close to $40 for PA too..

I am in TN right now and bought a 3 day license for $20.50. No trout stamp as we are fishing warm water.

If you're going to be fishing park waters only, you can use either a NC or TN license. I think NC is cheaper.

From the park service site:

"License Requirements:
You must possess a valid fishing license or permit from either Tennessee or North Carolina. Either state license is valid throughout the park and no trout stamp is required. Fishing licenses and permits are not available in the park, but may be purchased in nearby towns or online (links provided by state below). Special permits are required for fishing in Gatlinburg and Cherokee."

That price doesn't seem too abnormal to me. Most states charge a bit more for out-of-state-licenses. Just part of the cost of being a tourist.

Now, where was that movie, "Deliverance" filmed at?

If you're going to be fishing park waters only, you can use either a NC or TN license. I think NC is cheaper. From the park service site: "License Requirements: You must possess a valid fishing license or permit from either Tennessee or North Carolina. Either state license is valid throughout the park and no trout stamp is required. Fishing licenses and permits are not available in the park, but may be purchased in nearby towns or online (links provided by state below). Special permits are required for fishing in Gatlinburg and Cherokee."

No trout stamp required so you could just buy the $20.50 3 day from TN.

Deliverance was filmed on the Chatooga. NW Georgia. If you are canoeing it ask about the "Fickle Finger" or "Taco Rock"....we made a taco out of a canoe down there about 15 yrs ago. Wonder if that Dagger is still wrapped around it?

I was in a fly shop when a gentleman from alaska wished to purchase an annual maryland license because he was in town for a few weeks. It was like $150! I guess Maryland charges residents of other states the same amount their state would charge a marylander. That's alot of money to fish the gunpowder but I get it, gotta feed the addiction.

Back