Tenkara

Bruno

Bruno

Japanese Fly Fishing. I came across this and thought some of you might have some interest. The flies are pretty neat.

http://www.amago.jp.lv

Who wudda thunk that they are just as crazy there.

Love the one of the trout displayed on rocks and jumping around,getting all battered and bruised.

Hey pete,
Ichiban huh buddy... I'm pretty sure that it was a computer generated fish and was not a real fish that was put on the rock to suffer and die.

Joking about the thread we had on posing fish.

Sorry dude,
I didn't get that it was a joke. There are a bunch of people on here that would make that statement and be 100% serious.

Yeah, really. How tedious. I mean, there's no need to handle fish carefully. They don't need that fish slime for anything. They don't ever get infections.

I was the one that said laying the big ones on rocks not a good idea as they could jump and injure themselves-suddenly there was a jumping trout on rocks-Felt like the Japanese were mocking me.lol

I walked into a local fly shop over the winter, and the owner had just finished buying a Tenkara rod from one of his customers. I looked it over and so did a friend of mine. We both decided it might be fun to try and if nothing else raise the hackles of some of the more traditional fly fishers on the Ridley Creek FFO stretch. The only catch was that a genuine Tenkara rod cost about $200 U.S. A week later I came back and took a closer look at the rod. It actually reminded me of the old cane poles the locals used for crappie when I was in college only more high tech made out graphite and collapsible. The 14 ft rod was 24 inches long when collapsed. I checked out my Cabela's and Bass Pro catalogs, and they had high tech crappie poles made out of graphite, in fact they looked an a lot like that Tenkara rod. I ordered myself a 12 ft one, for the grand sum of $20, used an old fly line to make the shorter line and my friend tied me up a dozen Tenkara flies. Never did get around to using the rod, but the flies worked great for panfish.

Back