Temperature on Spring Creek

H

HourAway

Wondering if anyone has fished Spring Creek in the last few days, what was the water temperature like. The wife has to travel to State College for work on Friday and I was debating on taking a day off work to go along and fish for a couple hours, but if the temp is too high like it is on most of the free stone streams around me I don’t want to waste the vacation day.

Nighttime lows have been in the 50's (a couple in the 40's) even during the heatwave and the last few days have had really moderate daytime temps. Forecast shows even cooler temps heading into the weekend.

It'll be fine fine, have at it.

I took a water temperature of 68F over the weekend, at the PFBC parking area with the handicapped platform.

PennKev is correct. we continue to have low, nighttime lows. Two cloudy days before the weekend and a positive of the smoke is that it is muting the sun's warming. The major issue is water levels and spooky fish. Vegetation is high in some sections.

I took a water temperature of 68F over the weekend, at the PFBC parking area with the handicapped platform.
That seems surprisingly warm given our cool nights. I know the lack of rain is killing us, though.

Did Centre Country get any significant rain in the past week?

gulley washers. Not much relief to the streams, but anything helps. more showers coming. Mid to high eighties by mid next week and the humidity will keep the lows in the sixties. on the upside the smb fishing has been decent on warm days

Back